So i’m sitting my most awesomest hotel room on Robson, wrapping up a crazy 7-day shoot schedule. Overall it was a great time for me… got to do some wicked hosting and bumped into some random Black dudes while shooting my intro for the show. I said, ” I LOVE GHETTO-METAL” and they were definitely giving me some lovin’ back!
Random. I know.
I had a wicked PA, Werner who was extremely entertaining… a visionary and another who was making it all happen. Good times… early call times and lots of bickering here and there.
My fond memories:
– bumping into a couple of old high school buddies! And scoring my bro an interview on my show.
– ridiculously cold foggy mornings at the top of Burnaby mountain
– beautiful views of the mountains
– eating bad food at the highland pub
– trying to catch bunnies on campus, and one actually nibbled on my finger..
– attempting to go to Lucky – featuring burlesque dancer, “Bloody Betty the Fleshbeast”
– watching young Victorian highschoolers at Vertigo in the skimpiest outfits
– doing the trek to Wreck Beach – “North America’s oldest and largest clothing-optional beach”
– getting lost in UBC’s amazingly huge campus
– meeting Ghetto Metal
– revisiting the Museum of Anthropology
The crew was amazing. I got along with everyone and everyone was so encouraging and nice! They really helped me get over my -articulating humps- and energy lows. Lots of laughs and even more falling asleep on our travel dates. Would I really go to any of the schools that I visited? hahaha… not really. Ryerson still works for me 🙂
Nothing confirms the feeling of what I do want to get out of my life in the next couple years. Hopefully this company will sign me on to do the next few episodes. When it comes out, you’ll all hear about it! That’s for sure!
For a preview of the MTV-style pilot, message me 🙂