So its almost Day 6 of my stay in KL. I can’t believe what I’ve done and not done since I’ve been here.
First of all, I’m so glad I’m here. Even though its a lot slower than usual with seeing friends and other family, my personal journey is truly coming to life!
- I have erased my old website for a new look and a new vibe for this year, or at least for the next couple of years. (www.sarah-lian.com)
- I’m starting to schedule meetings with some media/entertainment industry people here. My connections are truly awesome, each day they just keep pouring more ideas and more avenues for me to work on.
- I’m also considering other avenues to make $$$. Voiceover work, Scriptwriting and Web Design. Thank God I have these skills!! Sure beats out competition when I bust out my East coast twang. Trust me, it works out here.
- I’m brainstorming a new show for moi – no more cookie cutter, same formula shows. Malaysia needs me! I want to do something about culture shock or my experience here. On top of it, I think I have a couple ppl who would consider producing it!!! Opportunities GALORE!
- I purchased a 1yr gym membership at California Fitness. I’m working with the same personal trainer. He’s pretty good and i’m proud to announce that I have reduced my body fat by 2% and increased my BMR to 1315 from 1295. It’s a small step, but I’m sooo happy. I’ve also encouraged my aunt to consider getting more healthy and working out, or at least running on a treadmill of some sort.
- Unfortunately, I’ve also been indulging in Jalan Gasing Chicken Rice and Xiao Xiao Chef’s Fried Rice, i look 3 months pregnant when i finish my meals. I think I have the same problem as Takeru Kobayashi. Plus I’ve been drinking with my friends and passing out at clubs. NOT THE “I’M DRUNK N NEED TO BE CARRIED OUT” but the “I’M TIRED, I TOLD U I CAN’T STAY UP THIS LATE” It’s happened a couple times already and I feel guilty, like a Debbie Downer.
KL today was 36 Celsius. How’s Toronto weather?? LOL. I know i’m gloating with the beautiful warm sun but I can’t help but feel proud with my progress. Hopefully I can score a couple more meetings this week before the Chinese New Year madness. They close shop for 15 days. In Canada, we just get 1 day and whatever weekend its closest to. Wow, its definitely great to be a part of Malaysia at this time.