I’m excited to announce that my mobile project in Hong Kong, Ask Ting Ting is now officially an iPhone/iPod app! Mobile Guide Asia Director Matt has been working tirelessly on Ask Ting Ting’s new strategies and I’m glad he’s ventured into the app market. We have put in so much energy, (more so he) and for everyone to be able to have access to this great guide to Hong Kong is even better. So good, it was even mentioned on TIME magazine!
I’ve already tweeted and put it out there on Facebook, but for those who are planning to visit Hong Kong, I would highly recommend purchasing this app. We shot lots of amazing videos and have great recommendations of things to do and see while you’re in the Pearl of the Orient. Looking back, I had a fantastic time being able to check out the beaches and little fishing villages which most people would never think to exist in this high-rise haven.
The team was great and we’ve all had our laughs, stressful moments and even more stressful moments. (I can remember swearing in Wanchai as it was starting to rain and not being able to remember the last set of lines given) This was an exciting adventure and I was learning everyday. I thank the team and of course Matt for such a great opportunity to learn about Hong Kong, a city I lived in more than 20 years ago.
It’s a steal for $5.99 with the amount of content that you get and the restaurant guide is absolutely superb – recommended by a diverse group of people.
Ask Ting Ting is the first interactive video travel guide for Hong Kong. It comes with the best local insider tips, uniquely presented by high definition videos to create an unforgettable experience for travelers visiting Hong Kong.
1) Videos: Explore Hong Kong with quality videos which highlight the best Hong Kong has to offer, presented by the vibrant TV personality Sarah Lian.
2) Tours: Follow our video guided tours to discover the most hidden and spectacular places of Hong Kong.
3) Insider tips: Select from our over 600 frequently updated recommendations for dining, shopping, entertainment and sightseeing put together by a panel of local experts. We included a wide range of places and activities for individual travelers, families, nature lovers and clubbers. You can bookmark your locations and configure your own itinerary for your very individual Hong Kong tour.
4) Navigation: Pick a destination and we will tell you how to get there. Our button “take me there” will present you with walking directions, taxi instructions in English and Chinese as well as Public Transportation options. The choice is yours!
5) Virtual postcards: Found a scenic place and want to send a short greeting to your folks at home? Use our virtual postcard feature, take a snapshot and we will help you send off your own personal greetings from Hong Kong.Â
6) Specials: Get to know the best food in Hong Kong with our Dim Sum Guide that explains the different dishes and helps you even to order it in a Chinese environment. Having trouble with bad weather? Don’t worry, we have some suggestions for you in our category “Hong Kong on a rainy day”.Â
7) Menu: We are there to make your stay most memorable, so we will even guide you back to your hotel. Select the place where you stay and we show you how to get home. Provide the most needed phone numbers – just in case. And much much more!
So what are you waiting for?? Get your personal tour guide (me) for your next trip to Hong Kong!
App Store: Ask Ting Ting Video Guide Hong KongÂ